The outstanding antimicrobial properties of chlorine dioxide lead to a variety of uses in the food processing industry:
- Washing poultry carcasses
- Sanitizing food contact surfaces or non-food-contact surfaces
- Treatment of red meat including parts and organs, ready-to-eat meats or formed meat.
- Treatment of water and ice used to rinse, wash, transport and store seafood.
- Treatment to extend shelf life of uncut and unpeeled fruits and vegetables.
- Fruit and vegetable wash.
- Sanitizing canning retort and pasteurizing cooling water
- Use as a lube additive to control bacterial slime and odor on moving chains and conveyors in food processing facilities.
- Cleaning stainless steel transfer lines, hydrocoolers and pasteurizers.